От F101 Ответить на сообщение
К All Ответить по почте
Дата 02.05.2004 13:02:58 Найти в дереве
Рубрики Люди и авиация; 1936-1945 гг.; Версия для печати

Рукопашные как последнее средство.

Теперь про Западный фронт :).

"Dad's first combat duty, and his first kill, came during a one-month volunteer stint chasing V-1 buzz-bombs over the English Channel. For this duty he flew a P-47D bubbletop or possibly a P-47M, stripped of its armor and carrying only two guns (the weight loss would allow a Thunderbolt to catch up to the fast little missiles). Unfortunately I have no clue as to what unit he was assigned to at the time.
While he was on patrol for V-1s, a Focke-Wulf 190 was impolite enough to attack him. It took a few shots, missed, then the pilot decided to go home. Well, you don’t shoot at my Dad and then say “never mind” and get off scott free! During the maneuvering that followed, Dad got himself behind the German, and fired. With only two of the Jug’s usual eight fifty-calibers, the Gereman didn’t explode, but it was hit. The pilot veered off, headed for the deck, and landed wheels-down in a field in northern France. Dad set up to strafe the downed plane, but when the pilot didn't climb out, Dad, with the fearlessness (or foolishness) that only being 21 can bring, landed his Jug next to the intact enemy fighter, and ran up to meet his opponent face-to-face. But the pilot had died of his wounds after he'd landed (perhaps fortunately for Dad). My father unbolted the FW's joystick and took the pilot's headset as souvenirs. I still have the joystick in my collection, though Dad sold the headset to a collector."

http://www.inpayne.com/dad/dadhistory.html

Кто-нибудь может сказать - там действительно фотка ручки 190го ?