От kcp Ответить на сообщение
К All Ответить по почте
Дата 17.07.2014 16:51:30 Найти в дереве
Рубрики 11-19 век; Версия для печати

По поводу писем русских князей в Европу, во время Батыева нашествия.

По поводу писем русских князей в Европу, во время Батыева нашествия.

Встретил в одной статье упоминание, что Русские князья просили помощи в европейских странах. Хотя бы что-то похожее было?

Кусок статьи выглядит так:
---------------------------------------------------
When Christian Europe didn't answer, the Russian people came to the conclusion they had to meet what was considered the greatest army of its day. The Czar of Russia sent one final letter to Europe. I came across this letter when I was writing a book on how philosophy, religion, and politics intersect through history, and how that shaped the modern world in and through America today. That was 5 years ago.

This particular letter wasn't used as part of the material for the book, but it has haunted me all these years for its sentiment and the history surrounding it. Indirect quote from memory: Letter from the Czar of Russia to the Leaders of Europe and the Catholic Church;

We have sent letters and you have not answered, and still they (the Golden Horde) come. We the Russian people will fight and stand to the last man. We will sacrifice our nation and our people. We alone stand and defend the world and the Church of Jesus Christ from the greatest of evils. We will not run. We will not fail. Let this letter be kept as a memorial of the Russian people forever.
---------------------------------------------------