От doctor64 Ответить на сообщение
К Митрофанище Ответить по почте
Дата 19.02.2011 18:03:19 Найти в дереве
Рубрики Флот; Искусство и творчество; Версия для печати

Re: Одно и...

>>>Вы бы почитали хотя бы некого бывшего лейтенанта К.Пауэла воспоминания, о быте в армии США того времени.
>>>Он как раз и с сержантом Пресли встретился мимоходом.
>>Кстати, как раз о Пресли Пауэлл отзывался в превосходных тонах.
>

>Надеюсь, как о солдате строго выполняющем нормы и положения уставов для срочнослужащих?
>)))))
То есть сами вы Пауэлла не читали, как я и думал. Примерно так он и высказался.
"He served his country for two years, I saw him in the field, I ran across him in the woods while he was doing what every other GI does and he was thought of well enough by his commanders that he was promoted from private to sergeant before he left"

'When it came time to go to the field Elvis Presley was a scout, not a celebrity and, of course, he was still the King of Rock 'n' Roll but he was a good soldier and I think his fellow soldiers respected him for his dedication even though he was as famous as he was'. Despite enjoying the luxury of living 'off post' (away from the military base camp), when it came to the job, Elvis was just a regular GI prepared to muck in and do his job.

Colin Powell said: 'When I met him, he was out in the field just as dirty and tired as the rest of us from doing his job and he was recognised for his professional performance.'

The only thing that surprised Colin Powell when he met Elvis was his height.

'We were in this wooded area north of Frankfurt and I was driving along in my Jeep and somebody noted that, there he was. When I got out of my Jeep and walked over to him he saluted and was very proper and what struck me was that he looked just like another GI. 'He was shorter than I expected other than the fact that he was really Elvis Presley, he acted, and I saw him, as just another soldier, in the woods, doing a job'.